Together in partnership the Muslim Students Association New South Wales (MSA NSW) and GoActive LMA (Lebanese Muslims Association) present to you the 2015 NSW Sisters Unigoal Tournament.
Menai Indoor Sports Centre: 98-150 Allison Crescent, Menai NSW 2234
Saturday 3rd October, 2015 8am-6pm
Details of the tournament
• 5 v 5 with a maximum of 3 reserves in each team
• Target: 16-20 teams
• Female only environment including female referees and volunteers
• Prizes and trophies awarded to Champions and Fair Play team
The NSW Sisters Unigoal tournament is a youth-focused and youth-driven indoor soccer initiative, extending beyond Muslim women, to cater for all women from diverse communities. 2015 is the 7th year in which NSW Sisters Unigoal will be run and we will continue to build on the enthusiasm and culture it has created.
The indoor soccer competition consists of females from community organisations, past and present female students from NSW tertiary and secondary institutions, their friends and family and women from our wider community.
The aim of the NSW Sisters Unigoal tournament is to:
· Promote sports participation and enhance relationships within our communities.
· Improve social harmony and cohesion amongst female youth (15-25 years old), from diverse backgrounds to participate and engage in sport in a safe and culturally appropriate environment
· Provide Muslim females and females from Culturally And Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds the opportunity to participate in an organised sport
· Engage and partner with local community and football organisations to support the event and enhance sports participation amongst females from CALD and Muslim communities
· Empower young females within the community to take on sports leadership positions as coaches, referees, volunteers and coordinators
· Strengthen the social fabric between the Muslim community and the wider community
· To give women the opportunity to play sport in a safe and accommodating environment which is sensitive to their cultural needs.
If playing isn't your cup of tea you can still get involved by volunteering on the day. We're looking for a variety of people to help make the day happen from score keeping, to refereeing, to first aid, photography, assisting with the lunch service and sign in desk.
If you've never volunteered before, or looking to build some Community Service hours, this is the event to volunteer for!
All you need to do is complete the Unigoal 2015 Volunteer Registration form.
Promote your business
We're still looking for sponsors to donate any gifts or prizes in exchange for promote of your business. We're also looking for lunch time sponsors so if you have a catering company and want to get your name out there we'd love to hear from you!
Follow us on:
Facebook event page